Loyola University Maryland's Center for Montessori Education

Students Currently Outside the U.S. Seeking F-1 Status

Students currently outside the U.S. and seeking to enter in F-1 status must submit all of the following documents:

  1. International Student Information Sheet
  2. Copy of Passport (biographical page with expiration date)
  3. Affidavit of Financial Support: Self or Sponsor*
    1. *If the bank account is not in your name, your financial sponsor needs to submit a signed letter stating their relationship to you, that they are willing to be your financial sponsor, and a statement that verifies the money in the bank/financial documentation will be used for your studies and living expenses at Loyola. Please have your sponsor use this Affidavit of Financial Support.
  4. An original bank/financial statement (dated within one month of submitting documentation) verifying at least $6,500 USD (estimated cost of tuition, fees, books, and living expenses) are available to support your stay at Loyola for the Summer Session
  5. Health insurance Acceptance/Waiver Form and Proof of Health Insurance and Policy for Summer 2018
  6. Copy of current Form I-20 (if you have studied at a U.S. university or institution)
  7. Dependent Information Sheet - if you have a spouse and/or children under the age of 21 who are in the U.S. in F-2 status, they will be issued separate I-20 forms so they can obtain F-2 visas and enter the country with you or join you later
  8. Tuition payment of $3,310 (see Payment Options). Your Form I-20 will not be issued until tuition is paid. Tuition can be mailed by check (made out to Loyola University Maryland) or paid by wire transfer by the March 1st deadline.

All items must be mailed to the following address no later than March 1, 2018:

Loyola University Maryland

Xavier Hall 111 - Greta Brueck

4501 North Charles Street

Baltimore, MD 21210


For questions, contact Ms. Sunanda Bhatia (skbhatia@loyola.edu), Director of International Student Services.