Students Seeking F-1 Status
Students seeking F-1 status for their studies at Loyola must submit all of the following documents no later than March 1, 2020:
|PLEASE NOTE: Students in B-2, M-1, or F-2 status are not permitted to study full-time on this status at Loyola. If you hold one of these visa types, you must submit the documents below to switch to F-1 status. Note that in most cases, you will need to apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. Consulate outside of the U.S. prior to the start of your summer at Loyola.
- International Student Information Sheet
- Tuition payment for your summer credits (see Payment Options). Students taking 3 courses in the summer will owe $3400. Students taking 4 courses will owe $4525. Your Form I-20 will not be issued until tuition is paid. If you are paying by check, please make payable to Loyola University Maryland.
- Copy of Passport (biographical page with expiration date).
- Affidavit of Financial Support: Self or Sponsor*
- *If the bank account is not in your name, your financial sponsor needs to submit a signed letter stating their relationship to you, that they are willing to be your financial sponsor, and a statement that verifies the money in the bank/financial documentation will be used for your studies and living expenses at Loyola. Please have your sponsor use this Affidavit of Financial Support. [A HARDCOPY OF THIS ITEM MUST BE MAILED TO GRETA AT THE ADDRESS BELOW]
- A hardcopy, original bank/financial statement (dated within one month of submitting documentation) verifying at least $7,000 USD (estimated cost of tuition, fees, books, and living expenses for students taking 9 credits) are available to support your stay at Loyola for the Summer Session. New students beginning the Evergreen Post-Diploma program and enrolling in 12 credits this summer must verify at least $8,125 USD. [A HARDCOPY OF THIS ITEM MUST BE MAILED TO GRETA AT THE ADDRESS BELOW]
- Health insurance Acceptance/Waiver Form and Proof of Health Insurance and Policy for Summer 2020.
- Copy of current Form I-20 (if you have studied at a U.S. university or institution).
- Dependent Information Sheet - if you have a spouse and/or children under the age of 21 who are in the U.S. in F-2 status, they will be issued separate I-20 forms so they can obtain F-2 visas and enter the country with you or join you later.
Most documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org except for the bank statement and Affidavit of Financial Support. These two items must be original, mailed hardcopies to the address provided below no later than March 1, 2020:
Loyola University Maryland (Timonium Campus)
Montessori Education, Attn: Greta Brueck
2034 Greenspring Drive, GCTC 25
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
For questions, contact our Office of International Student Services at email@example.com or 410-617-5245.