Loyola Marketing Association (LMA)
The Loyola Marketing Association (LMA) is dedicated to further the professional development of Marketing students through leadership training and activities involved in the Marketing field. The organization's mission is to make Marketing students aware of the different careers available in the Marketing field and attempts to achieve this by involving prominent members of the local business community in its projects and events. Visit The Loyola Marketing Association (LMA) Facebook page.
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is a professional association for marketing professionals. The AMA was formed in 1937 from the merger of the National Association of Marketing Teachers and the American Marketing Society. Today, the AMA is one of the largest marketing associations in the world, with over 30,000 members who work, teach and study in the field of marketing across the globe. Every year, the AMA sponsors multiple national/international conferences, events, training seminars, and academic and professional awards. The AMA also publishes a number of handbooks, research monographs, and premier marketing journals including the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, and Journal of International Marketing. Learn more about the American Marketing Association (AMA)
The Baltimore Chapter of the AMA (i.e., Baltimore AMA) is the local AMA chapter in the great Baltimore area. Each university typically has its own Marketing Association. At Loyola, we have the Loyola Marketing Association (LMA). Learn more about the Baltimore Chapter of the AMA
Privileges of Membership – LMA and AMA
- Innovative Resources and Tools: Unlimited access to AMA’s vast members-only resources, tools and content such as white papers, best practices, and research reports; AMA Marketer’s Toolkit; AMA webcast and podcast; AMA e-Newsletters
- Local Chapters: Quickly integrate and network with the local marketers; participate in the various events and activities hosted and sponsored by LMA
- Conferences and Training: AMA Members receive significant discounts on all national and local AMA events.
- College 2 Career Resource Center: Access to all AMA member-only content that are critical in making a successful transition from life as a college student to life as a productive marketing.
- International Collegiate Conference and Case Competition: Over 1,000 of the best and brightest undergraduate marketing students gather for three days of learning, networking, competition and fun at this annual event. Chapter teams tackle a real life marketing challenge from a corporate sponsor and are rewarded for the best ideas, research and plans.
- Resume Builder: Both local and national recognition; The opportunity to feature AMA and LMA membership on your resume to reflect academic achievement and dedication to the profession of marketing.
If you’re looking for networking opportunities, professional development, marketing resources, and to connect with like-minded marketing students, LMA is for you. Come and join us for fun, influence, involvement, and growth. Interested in becoming a member of LMA? Email us at email@example.com for more information.
Joining LMA is free. The American Marketing Association (AMA) and The Baltimore Chapter of the AMA both offer a student membership for a fee to obtain the various benefits and privileges.
Dr. Terry Zhao
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Sellinger Hall Room 412