The Executive MBA program is not accepting applications for a new cohort beginning in the Fall 2017 term. Please contact the Office of Gradate Business Programs at 410-617-5067 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding a prior application.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) admissions committee selects students on the basis of leadership experience and potential, relevant work experience, and academic achievements. The committee also considers factors including professional accomplishments, community service, and extra-curricular activities.
The EMBA program is for seasoned managers and experienced leaders. Successful applicants will have demonstrated a proven track record of relevant leadership and work experience; typically at least 6 years of increasing management experience. Since Loyola follows a holistic admission process in selecting students for its EMBA program, the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is not required of candidates, provided they meet one or more of the following important criteria used to measure an individual's potential for success in the rigorous relevant MBA learning environment:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university
- Evidence of exposure and success in areas of quantitative study during one's undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate coursework or in one's professional career;
- Evidence of business and/or financial acumen through one's prior career positions, current work, leadership roles and responsibilities, and industry experience;
- Evidence of appropriate written and verbal communication skills following a review of one's admission materials, written personal statement, and one's interview with admissions committee members.
Executive MBA Admissions Requirements
The following should be completed online/uploaded on the application:
- Online application form; Non-refundable fee of $60
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Essay/personal statement (the essay prompt can be found on the MyAccount page)
The following test scores should be submitted directly from the test administrator to Loyola (Loyola's institution code is 5370):
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report. Required if English is not your native language or if you have not completed a degree program taught in English (cannot be more than two years old).
Applicants should request that the following materials be emailed directly to Loyola at email@example.com:
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary colleges or universities attended sent directly to Loyola from institution(s). This includes transcripts from part-time study, study abroad, and bachelor's, master's, doctoral degree or advanced certificate credit. Applicants who hold degrees or have earned credits from non-U.S. institutions (not study abroad programs) must have a course-by course evaluation and translation done by a Loyola recognized evaluation services agency. Loyola recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- One professional letter of recommendation (typically one from an immediate supervisor)
They may also be sent via mail to:
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
A personal interview is also required for admission into the Executive MBA program. Questions about the application or admission process may be directed to the Office of Graduate Business Programs at (410) 617-5067 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.