Master of Accounting Fast Track
Loyola University Maryland undergraduates are eligible to apply for Fast Track admission to the Master of Accounting
(MAcc) program. The MAcc Fast Track admission policy streamlines the admissions process for current Loyola students.
Double Greyhound Alumni Discount: Loyola undergraduate students who are admitted to the MAcc program via Fast Track admission for Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and beyond are eligible for a 15% tuition discount.
Students may select a “Senior Start”
option. This allows students to take a MAcc class in each senior semester if the student has been admitted to the program before the start of that semester.
Program Design Comparison
# of courses
# of courses
|Senior Year - Fall
|Senior Year - Spring
||3-4 or None
||None or 3-4
Review the MAcc Curriculum and elective options for each track - General, Tax, or Data Analytics.
MAcc students choose either AC709 Accounting Internship or AC711 Seminar in Accounting Practice.
Fast Track admission to the Loyola MAcc program requires:
- A declared accounting major or undergraduate equivalent
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall and in accounting major or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of remaining undergraduate degree coursework, maintaining the minimum GPA requirements
Regular Fast Track Admission Benefits
- Complete MAcc in 10 months
- Access to "Senior Start" options - see below
- Loyola transcript is automatically attached to application
- Application fee is waived
- GMAT/GRE scores are waived
- Essay is waived
- Letter of recommendation is waived
Senior Start Benefits
- Students may use undergraduate elective to double count for their MAcc courses
- Over $6,000 in savings while providing a faster, more cost-effective path to the 150-hour CPA requirement
- Fast track admission benefits as described above
How to Apply
- Start the online application.
- Indicate "Fast Track" on your online application. If applicable, select "Senior Start" option.
- Upload current resume.
- Sign online application electronically and submit.
Loyola will waive your application fee, GMAT/GRE scores, essay, and letter of recommendation. Your official Loyola transcript will be attached to your application automatically.
MAcc Fast Track FAQs
What are the deadlines for fast track admission to the MAcc program?
Students are encouraged to apply for regular fast track admission after the completion of their junior year or during their current senior year. Students should aim to apply by the priority deadline prior to the term they wish to start. The application deadlines for the fast track options are:
- Priority Deadline for Senior Start: June 1
- Final Deadline for Senior Start: August 1
- Priority Deadline for Summer start: March 1
- Priority Deadline for Fall start: June 1
If I plan to pursue "Senior Start" and take two MAcc classes in my senior year, what start term should I choose on my application?
Your start term should always be the term in which you are taking MAcc courses after you have officially graduated with your Bachelor's degree (Summer or Fall after you graduate with your Bachelor's degree).
If I don't qualify for the fast track admission, can I still apply for the "Senior Start" option?
No, applicants must meet the fast track admission requirements in order to apply for "Senior Start."
At what point are my transcripts requested from Records and attached to my application?
Once an online application form is submitted, the Office of Graduate Admission will pull Loyola University Maryland transcripts from the Records Office and attach them to the application file.
From the point of a completed fast track application, when can I expect an admissions decision?
We ask that applicants allow 1-2 weeks for all admissions decisions from the point of a complete application. Decisions will be made with priority given to applicants whose start term is most recent.
What type of housing is provided?
Housing is not included as part of the tuition for the MAcc program. In-person classes are taught at Loyola’s main Evergreen campus in North Baltimore or at Loyola's Timonium Graduate Center. Both locations are in close proximity to neighborhoods popular for student housing. Please note that several MAcc courses are online. More information on housing options near Loyola, in neighborhoods of Baltimore City, or in the surrounding communities is provided at the Graduate Student Services housing page.
Who should I contact if I have questions about my application or the program?
Please contact an admissions advisor in the Office of Graduate Business Programs at 410-617-5067 or at firstname.lastname@example.org