The MS Finance program will have the following learning goals and objectives:
Students will be able to effectively communicate technical financial concepts both in written and oral form.
- Objective 1: Each student will be able to effectively communicate using appropriate finance terminology.
- Objective 2: Each student will be able to develop clear and concise written financial deliverables.
- Objective 3: Each student will be able to effectively deliver and discuss financial analyses.
Analytical and Critical Thinking
Students will develop problem-solving and analytical skills for solving advanced financial problems in an environment of rapid change.
- Objective 1: Each student will be able to clearly identify the problem or issue to be addressed.
- Objective 2: Each student will be able to identify information needs and sources to solve the problem.
- Objective 3: Each student will be able to apply appropriate financial tools, analyze outcomes and formulate a solution.
Knowledge and Integration of Functional Area Content
Students will develop a rigorous understanding of the interrelationship between various financial concepts and tools.
- Objective 1: Each student will develop theoretical knowledge of financial markets, investments, corporate finance, and portfolio management.
- Objective 2: Each student will demonstrate mastery over advanced financial models and analysis.
Students will have a heightened sense of ethics.
- Objective 1: Each student will have a heightened sense of ethics in order to comprehend ethical principles appropriate to finance in the spirit of the Jesuit tradition.
- Objective 2: Each student will be able to identify ethical dilemmas and understand the frameworks for selecting and defending a right course of action.
Students will appreciate the global dimensions of finance.
- Objective 1: Each student will develop appreciation of the dynamic and global nature of finance and the need for current knowledge with respect to new and pending developments (e.g., rules and regulations, global influences, political and societal events).