MBA International Business
The MBA in International Business specialization prepares students for the global business environment. International management practices and challenges arising from conducting business in different cultural contexts are explored. Courses in the MBA in International Business specialization consider management issues such as strategic initiatives; international alliances; organization structure and systems; motivation; leadership; global human resources; negotiations; and organizational knowledge and learning capabilities are investigated and compared across organizational and country cultures. In-depth explorations of the impact of international trade, finance, and investment on global business enable managers to develop, implement, and evaluate a global strategy for domestic organizations going international for the first time or for the ongoing multinational corporation.
International Business MBA Curriculum & Course Information
- GB 796 - International Management * or
- GB 798 - Global Strategy
And select two of the following courses:
- GB 719 - Independent Study
- GB 726 - International Finance
- GB 734 - Managing Global Supply Chains
- GB 748 - International Marketing *
- GB 779 - International Study Tour: Corporate Social Responsibility
- GB 782 - International Economics
- GB 795 - Special Topics in International Business *
- GB 850 - Global Information Systems
- GB 894 - Advanced Topics in International Trade, Finance, and Investment
- GB 898 - New Approaches for Global Competitiveness
* May be offered as a study tour. Only one study tour course can be used to satisfy the MBA international business specialization.
Special topics courses are also available for the MBA in international business specialization that are not listed specifically in the course catalogue. Special topics are updated by academic year or term to discuss contemporary issues in international business and to meet the needs and requests of students.
The Professional’s MBA program includes four elective courses (12 credits) at the upper level. One of the four courses is designated global elective, and the remaining three electives are used to complete an MBA international business specialization.
In addition to International Business, our Professional’s MBA program can be customized for seven other specializations: