MBA Specialization in International Business
Loyola's part-time MBA with specialization in International Business prepares students for the global business environment. International management practices and challenges arising from conducting business in different cultural contexts are explored. Courses in the International Business specialization consider management issues such as strategic initiatives; international alliances; organization structure and systems; motivation; leadership; global human resources; negotiations; and organizational knowledge and learning capabilities are investigated and compared across organizational and country cultures. In-depth explorations of the impact of international trade, finance, and investment on global business enable managers to develop, implement, and evaluate a global strategy for domestic organizations going international for the first time or for the ongoing multinational corporation.
MBA Specialization in International Business: Curriculum & Course Information
- GB 796 - International Management * or
- GB 798 - Global Strategy
The Professional's MBA International Business specialization requires students to complete two additional elective courses (9 credits) at the upper level. Select from the following courses:
- GB 719 - Independent Study
- GB 726 - International Finance
- GB 734 - Managing Global Supply Chains
- GB 748 - International Marketing *
- GB 779 - International Study Tour: Corporate Social Responsibility
- GB 782 - International Economics
- GB 795 - Special Topics in International Business *
- GB 850 - Global Information Systems
- GB 894 - Advanced Topics in International Trade, Finance, and Investment
- GB 898 - New Approaches for Global Competitiveness
* May be offered as a study tour. Only one study tour course can be used to satisfy the MBA international business specialization.
Special topics courses are also available for the MBA in international business specialization that are not listed specifically in the course catalogue. Special topics are updated by academic year or term to discuss contemporary issues in international business and to meet the needs and requests of students.
In addition to International Business, our Professional’s MBA program can be customized for seven other specializations: