Health and Wellness - Take Charge
The University is committed to enhancing its Wellness Program by including new opportunities and tools to allow you to achieve a healthier you. Please be sure to check back frequently, as we will continue to update this site with planned activities and wellness education tools. Please visit the HR Professional Development site to register for wellness seminars and classes.
To save money on your medical plan premiums you and your covered spouse/LDA must complete the following steps in order to qualify:
- Complete the online Health Assessment at www.carefirst.com/myaccount between July 1, 2017 and October 28, 2017.
- Have an annual preventive care physical exam (your annual physical must have been completed within the last 12 months).
- Have the CareFirst Health Screening Form completed by your physician between July 1, 2017 and October 28, 2017.
- Enter the results from your Health Screening Form to your online account by logging in to your My Account portal at www.carefirst.com/myaccount. All fields must be completed to receive credit.
After you have successfully completed all the required steps you will see two green check marks in your My Account portal. It is your responsibility to confirm successful completion of the wellness steps.
If you have questions or need assistance with the My Account portal please refer to the Wellness Program Support Guide located below under Wellness Resources. The Guide provides detailed wellness program information such as how to log in to your CareFirst My Account portal, how to complete the steps within My Account and My Account troubleshooting information.
Your annual physical must have been completed within the last 12 months. If you haven't had a visit in the last 12 months, the Health Screening Form available in My Account must be completed by a physician. Next, you submit your health screening results in My Account between July 1, 2017 and October 28, 2017. If you do not complete the requirements by October 28, 2017, the “non-wellness” rates will go into effect with your first paycheck in December.
Your annual physical must have been completed within the last eight months or within 120 days of eligibility. The online Health Assessment and Health Screening Form must be completed within 120 days of eligibility. If you do not complete the requirements by the deadline, the “non-wellness” rates will go into effect on the first of the fifth month following date of hire.
* Your personal health information is never disclosed to Loyola nor is it used to determine medical premiums. Your Health Assessment results are submitted directly to CareFirst with only aggregate data reported to human resources. Please note that the wellness requirements are not outcomes based. Participants just have to complete the steps in order to receive the wellness premium rates. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the PSA Benefits Hotline at 1-877-716-6618 or email Loyola@psafinancial.com.
Healthy Rewards for HealthyBlue HSA Participants:
Once you complete the three steps above, CareFirst will reduce your deductible by $200. In a family plan, the policyholder and spouse or domestic partner can each earn a $200 reward for completing the three steps. If you have already met your deductible, CareFirst will reimburse you with a check.
If you use your HSA to pay a portion of the deductible you are being reimbursed, you should notify your employer of the reimbursement and contact your tax advisor regarding any potential tax consequences.
My Account Pointers:
- When logging in, or upon initial registration, remember that your password is case sensitive. For example: JDOE123 and jdoe123 are considered two different passcodes.
- Please be sure to type your User ID and password correctly. If you enter your information incorrectly three times, your User ID will be disabled as a security measure. You will need to call CareFirst Customer Service at the telephone number listed on the back of your ID card Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST.
- If you have forgotten your user name or password, you can reset your password or retrieve your username by clicking on “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username.” You may do this by clicking on “Forgot Username” on the log in page, OR click on “Need Help Logging In?” on the log in page and then on “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username.”
- If you are having trouble accessing My Account (receive My Account Not Available error message or blank page), please try clearing your browser cache and delete cookies. If the issue persists, contact CareFirst Customer Service at the telephone number listed on the back of your ID card Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST.
- Once signed in to My Account, if you are not able to see the Health Assessment link under the MyHealth tab at the top of the page (or under Quick Links on the right side of the screen) or you cannot see Healthy Rewards under the My Health tab (HealthyBlue members only), or the links are not working (grayed out or nothing happens on click) try disabling pop up blockers.