[Note: This site does not generally post positions received from recruiters. However, the position below is targeted at graduating students (undergraduate or graduate), and was sent by a recruiter whom we have worked with closely in the recent past.]
Business Analyst/Jr. Data Analyst at an innovative data tech company based here in Hunt Valley, MD. Company is led by a team of brilliant Ivy League technologists, yet they are very down to Earth people and they have a very flexible and entrepreneurial mindset toward their team members. They will take your Junior level Business Analyst skills and Data Analyst interests, and mentor and train you to a whole next level of Data Analyst experiences. Their product and service lines serve both Commercial enterprise and the Federal government, so you’ll have the ability to get cleared if you are interested and eligible to do so, but if not there is still a home here for you, tremendously flexible employee culture. Heavy business analysis, blending the roles of Business Analyst and Junior Data Analyst duties for a tech company that is focused on heavy duty web analytics using the next generation realm of semantic technology.
Software Business Analyst/Jr. Data Analyst – Big Data
- Hunt Valley, MD
- Direct Hire/Permanent/Internal position
- Company handles Commercial and Fed Gov projects, so if you are clearable you’ll have the opportunity to obtain a Secret clearance. If you aren’t clearable, you’ll be tasked on Commercial projects.
- Cutting edge data analytics company
- Salary Range - $45,000-$60,000 + bonus + benefits + very casual environment
Company's expertise is in the data analytics realm, with deep knowledge, experience, and reputation of delivering the next generation of analytic solutions using semantic information management technologies to answer challenging questions from demanding customers. The firm uses agile development techniques to continue to explore, learn, and push boundaries of existing software analytics capabilities within the web realm.
Company is seeking a junior level Business Analyst, comfortable in a Data environment, to help us continue providing innovative solutions for our clients. These solutions use a variety of technologies and platforms and require creative problem solving. This is an excellent organization for early career analysts who want to gain expertise and be deeply mentored with semantic technologies and big data systems.
The ideal candidate is driven, takes initiative, regularly pursues expanded responsibility, and wants to work in a dynamic small company. The business analyst helps our clients turn data into knowledge so they can make better decisions faster. The business analyst will work with clients and other team members to analyze and help define requirements, mine and analyze data, integrate data from a variety of sources, and participate in the design and implementation of reports, algorithms, and other data analysis techniques.
- 1-2+ years post-collegiate exp in the software development and/or data analysis realm, though college students able to work FT, or recent college grads are encouraged to inquire
- Familiar with the design and development of RDBMS and a strong working knowledge of SQL
- Hands on experience in scripting, statistical analysis, and data mining
- Experience documenting requirements and designing analytic methodologies
- Proficient at working with large volumes of data from disparate sources to include addressing and resolving data quality issues
- Consulting experience and/or experience working in a client service business environment
- Eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance is a nice to have for the Federal side of the business, though not required for the Commercial side of the business
Brian P. Connors
IT Division Manager
AllSearch Professional Staffing, Inc.
11019 McCormick Road, Suite 200
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
(410) 560-1702 Phone-Baltimore
(717) 846-2240 Phone-York
(717) 846-2243 Fax
Information and current job openings online at: www.allsearchinc.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianpconnors