For applicants who already hold an M.Ed., a Certificate of Advanced Study is offered. The Montessori course of study is given 27 graduate credits. One additional course, ED627 - Advanced Research Project in Montessori Education, fulfills the requirements for the CAS for a total of 30 graduate credits. The student designs and implements a research project under the supervision of a faculty advisor.
Academic Year Format
Possible Career Paths
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
Estimated Program Costs
Typical Program Length: 15-30 Months
- Program tuition and fees:
- Academic Year: $15,140
- Multi-Summer: $16,500
- Program books and supplies: $1,500*
- On-Campus room and board: Not offered
*Does not include $25 registration fee per term.
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2016-17 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2015-16, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 30 credit program, dependent upon the format in which an individual enrolls, can take 30, 27, 18, or 15 months to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2015-16, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
Download this information: 30 month format
Download this information: 27 month format
Download this information: 18 month format
Download this information: 15 month format