Daily Schedule: 8:30 – 3:30 (M – F)
(Day Code: M-Monday, T-Tuesday, W-Wednesday, R-Thursday, F-Friday)
Fall Term 2017
- September 6 (W) -- Course begins
- October 9-24 (M-T) -- Observation I
- November 6-21 (M-T) -- Observation II
- November 22-24 (W-F) -- Thanksgiving holiday (no classes)
- December 21 (R) -- Last day of class (half-day)
- December 22 - January 2 -- Winter break (no classes)
Spring Term 2018
- January 3 (W) -- Course resumes
- January 15 (M) -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (no classes)
- February 19 (M) -- President’s Day (no classes)
- March 8-23 (R-F) -- Practice Teaching I
- March 26 - April 6 (M-F) -- Spring Break
- April 12 (R) -- AMI written theory examinations
- April 16 (M) -- AMI written practical examinations
- April 23 - May 8 (M-T) -- Practice Teaching II
- To be announced* -- AMI oral examinations*
- Late May -- End of course
Observations and practice teaching in schools are scheduled during the year (dates subject to change). The school hours are observed during these sessions. Students make their own arrangements for transportation. Please be advised that most schools are located in the greater Washington, DC area (many 1-1 ½ hours from Loyola). Therefore, transportation by car is necessary.
*Oral examinations are scheduled in conjunction with the Association Montessori Internationale. Therefore, it is not possible to publish exact dates at this time. Oral examinations will be scheduled during the last two weeks of May. Students will be informed as soon as dates are confirmed. All students must be in residence through the last day of the oral examination period, no matter when the individual examination is scheduled. Students are advised that oral examinations may be scheduled on a weekend.
Education Core Courses**
June - July, 2018 -- Intensive summer session
(Classes meet daily on the Evergreen Campus, Baltimore)
**These course requirements must be completed by Summer 2022.
This calendar is subject to change. Students will be notified of any changes.