Daily Schedule: 8:30 – 3:30 (M – F)
(Day Code: M-Monday, T-Tuesday, W-Wednesday, R-Thursday, F-Friday)
Fall Term 2016
- September 7 (W) Course begins
- October 24 - November 4 (M-F) Observation I
- November 14-22 (M-T) Observation II
- November 23-25 (W-F) Thanksgiving holiday (no classes)
- December 16 (F) Last day of class (half-day)
- December 19 - January 2 Winter break (no classes)
Spring Term 2017
- January 3 (T) Course resumes
- January 16 (M) Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – no class
- February 20 (M) President’s Day – no class
March 6-21 (M-T) Practice Teaching I
March 27 (M) AMI written theory examinations
- March 30 (R) AMI written practical examinations
- April 10-21 (M-F) Spring break
- April 24 - May 9 (M-T) Practice Teaching II
- To be announced* AMI oral examinations*
- Late May End of course
Observations and practice teaching in schools are scheduled during the year (dates subject to change). The school hours are observed during these sessions. Students make their own arrangements for transportation. Please be advised that most schools are located in the greater Washington, DC area (many 1-1 ½ hours from Loyola). Therefore, transportation by car is necessary.
*Oral examinations are scheduled in conjunction with the Association Montessori Internationale. Therefore, it is not possible to publish exact dates at this time. Oral examinations will be scheduled during the last two weeks of May. Students will be informed as soon as dates are confirmed. All students must be in residence through the last day of the oral examination period, no matter when the individual examination is scheduled. Students are advised that oral examinations may be scheduled on a Saturday.
Education Core Courses**
June - July, 2017 Intensive summer session
(Classes meet daily on the Evergreen Campus, Baltimore)
**These course requirements must be completed by Summer 2021.
This calendar is subject to change. Students will be notified of any changes.