Campus Ministry Interns are responsible for assisting the professional staff in fulfilling the mission of the office of Campus Ministry. Interns will support the Jesuit, Catholic identity at Loyola, and promote opportunities to explore the richness of Ignatian Spirituality. Interns are ambassadors who welcome, honor and celebrate people of all faith traditions, spiritualities and identities. They are committed to building a just community and creating inclusive spaces for prayer, meaning-making and spiritual development.
Join the Campus Ministry Intern Team!
The Campus Ministry Student Intern Selection process includes both current student interns and new applicants.
Timeline for New Applicants
Application and Recommendations Due:
- Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 6pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 at 6pm
- Monday, Feb. 22 at 6pm in Campus Ministry in Cohn Hall
- Open House in Campus Ministry from 10am-4pm
Wednesday, March 9, 2016 by 3pm
Final Decision Letters Available:
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Friday, April 1, 2016
1. Educate yourself.
- Review the general qualifications, expectations and position descriptions once they are available.
- Attend an information session or talk with a member of the Campus Ministry Professional Staff.
2. Discern which intern position(s) best meet your skills and interests.
3. Complete the online application with references.
- Review the intern position descriptions. Applicants will be asked to rank their top three preferred intern positions.
- Consider whether you can make a commitment to the general expectations of all Campus Ministry intern positions given your other commitments and responsibilities for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Applications and reference letters must be submitted by 3pm on Wednesday, March 9, 2016.
- All applicants must submit the name and email address of one professional reference through the application form. You will be notified once your reference form has been submitted. We recommend notifying your reference in advance and including the link to the reference form in that email.
4. Complete the interview process.
- Due to the large number of applications, we are not able to offer every applicant an interview. The most qualified applicants will receive an email to sign up for a required interview.
- Interviews with students currently studying abroad in Spring 2016 will be conducted via Skype.
- Applicants for music ministry positions will also be required to complete an audition with the music ministry team.
- You must prepare and perform a piece of your choosing appropriate to your major instrument, e.g. voice,piano, guitar, etc.
- You will be asked to sight-read a selection provided by the music ministry staff during the audition.
- To Prepare for your interview, reflect on the following questions:
- What motivates you to be a Campus Ministry Intern?
- What skills and experiences have prepared you for this position?
- What are the areas in which you hope to grow?
- How do you organize and plan projects?
Contact Megan Linz Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-2092.
Campus Ministry Interns must possess strong interpersonal skills including communication, organization, flexibility and collaboration. Interns must demonstrate professionalism through dependability, responsibility, initiative, leadership, accountability and strong time-management.
Campus Ministry Interns must also possess:
- Willingness to grow and share in a faith-based community.
- Ability and desire to collaborate and work on a team
- Willingness to participate in team and peer ministry.
- Appreciation of the role of faith development as part of a Jesuit education.
- Basic understanding of and previous experience with community service and social justice, and broader issues of faith and justice.
- Willingness to learn about and work with sensitivity to diversity and privilege.
- Ability to engage students in educational opportunities.
- Ability to dialogue with persons with diverse political and ideological views, and to be open to working with them to create educational opportunities.
- Respect for supervision, peers, the office and partnership
- Meet all position-specific qualifications listed in the Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions.
In addition, Campus Ministry Interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete the application and interview process by the stated deadlines.
- Be in good conduct standing with the college. A judicial review will be conducted for all applicants.
- Be available for the entire 2016-2017 academic year. Students who study abroad at any point during the 2016-2017 academic year may not apply.
If you are selected and choose to accept the Campus Ministry Intern position, you must agree to:
- Commit to working approximately 10-15 hours per week
- Decline Evergreen Program Coordinator, Resident Assistant, CCSJ Student Staff, SGA Executive Board or any other campus position that conflicts with the fall training and retreat.
- Not hold additional employment or commitments that exceed 12 hours per week total.
- Maintain or improve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 throughout the internship
- Abide by all of the policies and regulations of Loyola’s Code of Student Conduct, as well as those of federal and local jurisdictions.
- Provide phone/front desk coverage one to two hours per week; assist students, faculty, staff, and guests with retreat registrations, Mass cards, appointments, etc. and complete office tasks. Provide a friendly, welcoming presence for all who enter Cohn Hall.
- Meetings & Trainings
- Attend and participate in the fall training and retreat in August 2016.
- Participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
- Attend staff meeting and intern formation dates.
- Participate in the following activities:
- September: Mass of the Holy Spirit
- December: Lessons & Carols
- April: RCIA Initiation Mass
- Other events as assigned
- Meet all position-specific expectations listed in the Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions.