Rock climbing challenges the body and the mind.
- Routes for beginner to advanced skill levels
- Bouldering cave for unroped climbing
Learn to Belay
New to climbing? Tired of standing in line for a belay? Attend a belay class or one of our workshops
- Learn about Loyola's wall, the sport of climbing, and become belay certified.
- Classes and workshops are offered throughout the semester.
- Look for the interest list on the climbing wall's desk or contact us.
Loyola's annual climbing competition is hosted each year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Stay updated on current events on The Ascent's Facebook page.
- All profits benefit a local, Baltimore nonprofit
- Registration begins the 1st Monday of November
- Part of the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Climbing Series
- Other schools in the series:
- Johns Hopkins Univeristy
- University of Maryland
- Towson University
- Gettysburg College
- York College of Pennsylvania
- St. Mary's College of Maryland.
Fall & Spring Semester Hours of Operation
Sunday: 4pm - 8pm
Monday–Thursday: 4pm - 10 pm
Friday: 4pm - 8pm
The climbing wall has limited hours during exams and college breaks.
Summer Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 4pm - 8pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed