Jan. 9-11, 2015
Location: Willow Valley Resort in Lancaster, PA
Founded on Ignatian spiritual traditions, RoadTrip is an experience designed to help students evaluate and discern their life purpose through the exploration of personal reflection. RoadTrip is the beginning of a life-long journey for sophomores to discover their sources of joy, realize where their gifts and talents lie, and identify how they can give back to others. RoadTrip helps sophomores strengthen connections with peers and mentors and emphasizes the role Loyola’s Jesuit education plays in guiding them to live as men and women for and with others.
- Attend ALL Atlas training sessions during fall semester
- Prepare and deliver a talk on an aspect of vocational discernment
- Facilitate conversation for a small group of 5-7 sophomores
- Lead team builders, icebreakers, and social activities
- Learn what “vocational discernment” is and how it applies to your personal life and RoadTrip
- Incorporate discernment, including practice of the Daily Examen, into one’s life
- Serve as a leader, role model, and mentor for sophomores
Time Commitment for 2015 Trip
- Attend RoadTrip weekend, Jan. 9-11, 2015
- Weekly group meeting/training sessions each Wednesday from 3pm to 5:30pm, starting Sep. 24, 2014 and ending Dec. 3, 2014
- One all-day training session on Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014
- Weekly time outside of meetings spent in personal reflection and developing one’s talk
- Atlas team dinner(s)/social(s) off campus
- RoadTrip Prep Week (starting 5pm on Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015 until RoadTrip)
- Weekly or biweekly 1 on 1 meetings with the RoadTrip director
- Individual meetings with faculty, staff, or administrator partner at end of Fall semester
- Attend RoadTrip Reunions if/when possible.
2015 Atlas Applications
Atlas applications are due in hard copy to our Seton Court Office (4508) or via email to Chris Nicolas (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Friday, February 14, 2014.See below for the application:
2015 Atlas Application
For more information regarding RoadTrip or the Atlas position please contact Chris Nicolas at 410-617-2365 or email@example.com.