Consider Your Options
Obtaining an advanced degree can be accomplished in many different ways:
- Full–time straight from undergraduate degree
- Gain work experience and then apply to graduate school
- Attend graduate school part-time and work part- or full-time
- On-line (Distance learning)
Determine a Field of Study
- What are my career goals?
- Do I need a graduate degree to accomplish my career goals? If so, what degree do I need?
- Are there several degrees that can help me accomplish my career goal? If so, what are they?
Talk to professionals in your field to learn:
- What are their degrees in?
- What programs do they recommend?
- What types of classes will you have to take?
- Is their a specific concentration or specialization you should seek?
- Will you need to seek licensure or certification in your field after you complete your graduate degree?
Read about different fields of study by accessing course catalogs and online resources:
Continue to Step 2 - Research Graduate Programs >>