Taking exams can be a very intimidating process for students. In order to eliminate some of the fear and tension that comes with examinations, students can adopt certain test-taking techniques that will help them select the correct answers and feel more confident in their ability to perform well. Below you will find several testing tips to aid you in your studies:
- Read the directions carefully.
- Glance over the entire exam before you start.
- Determine how much time to spend on each question.
- Create an outline for essay questions before you start.
- Get clarification on any questions that you do not understand.
- Skip questions that you are not sure about, mark them, and come back to them after you have answered all other questions.