Leadership Essentials is a six-month leadership development program, offered in cohorts through Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business in collaboration with Leadership Howard County and the Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce. The program cohorts run from December through June.
Leadership Essentials Howard County is held at Loyola’s Graduate Center in Columbia.
Leadership Essentials Baltimore County is held at Loyola's Graduate Center in Timonium.
- The program is targeted at rising stars and future leaders in the beginning and middle of their careers. Approximately 20-25 individuals will be selected to participate in the program in each cohort.
- Designed to address the critical gap between the skills provided by formal education and the full development of seasoned professionals, Leadership Essentials offers a skill-building program that includes three components: monthly workshops, individual coaching, and team-based projects to address the needs of local non-profit organizations.
- The deadline to apply for the 2018 program (starting December 2017) is October 6, 2017. (Howard County only)
About the Program
Leadership Essentials empowers and connects leaders to strengthen and transform the community—giving participants firsthand experience with critical issues and challenging them to turn their leadership into action.
This six-month program provides benefits in three areas:
- Leadership Skill Building
- Professional Leadership Coaching
- Community Service Projects
Download a program flyer for more information:
Please complete an online application for Leadership Essentials 2018:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-617-2303.
The Leadership Essentials program is always interested in having additional qualified coaches apply and volunteer. See the coach information flyer to learn more. If you'd like to be considered to join the program as a new volunteer coach, please complete a coach application: