Loyola's ongoing response to COVID-19
Loyola University Maryland is planning for a rich and engaging semester of in-person classes, events, and experiences for the Fall 2021 semester. We will have plans in place in case we need to take additional steps to continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. But we are eager to return to a more typical Loyola University Maryland education and experience with all the in-person opportunities that our students have come to enjoy.
Our Rapid Response Team and Policy Group are working through the summer to amend and implement a revised COVID operations plan to continue to promote and advance the health and safety of our Loyola community as we deliver a high-quality Jesuit liberal arts and professional education and experience for our students.
Fall 2021 COVID Operations Plan
The Latest Updates
- Find the answers to your questions: See these FAQ for employees and students.
- Masks: An indoor mask mandate is in effect on all of Loyola's campuses starting at 9 a.m. on Aug. 9, 2021, in accordance with Baltimore City's guidelines. The outdoor mask mandate has been lifted on Loyola's campuses in accordance with city and state policies. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, please continue to wear a mask while on Loyola's campuses. All those who are unvaccinated should continue to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals. The University will continue to look to guidance from health experts and government officials when determining future COVID-19 policies related to masks, social distancing, and other best practices.
- Vaccine Requirement: All undergraduate and graduate students attending class in person must receive their final dose of one of the COVID vaccines by Aug. 1, 2021. See our Vaccination FAQ for information on how to provide proof of vaccination or request a medical or religious exemption. Faculty, staff, and administrators are also required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof through GetVitalCheck by Sept. 13, 2021.
- Mental Health: See our COVID-19 Mental Health Survival Guide.
- Student Health Services: Find more information on the Student Health Services site.
Please check back as this page will continue to be updated with more information. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Our Evergreen campus is open to prospective students and their families. Learn more on the undergraduate admission page.
For information about our graduate programs here at Loyola and the steps necessary to apply for admission, please visit our Apply to Graduate School page. Any specific questions can be directed to the program or the Office of Graduate Admission (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students who are in need of additional accommodations and support should reach out to the office of disability services at 410-617-2062.
Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- All COVID-19 concerns and questions from faculty, staff, and administrators should be directed toward the office of human resources.
Students can explore current continuing education offerings through ASPIRE.
If you are a member of the media with a question, please contact Molly Robey at email@example.com.
See faculty members who can provide expert commentary on the pandemic.