Slide is titled "How it Started..."
Three boxes of text flow from left to right:
On the left, a box captioned "Baltimore Sun" says:
- In May, 1990 the Sun published an article on University cheating with Loyola in the spotlight.
- It stated that over 40% of students were cheating to get their degrees.
In the center, a box captioned "Creating the Honor Code" says:
- The article portrayed Loyola students in a less than positive light.
- The students wanted to demonstrate that integrity and hard work mean something: the Honor Council was formed
On the right, a box captioned "Today's Council" says:
- The Code was formed by students, faculty, and administrators. The Honor Council is run by students.
- The Code requires all students to maintain academic integrity when completing their work and protects the integrity of each students' degree.