The interdisciplinary minor in Latin American and Latino studies is built on an historical, cultural, literary, sociological and political understanding of the Spanish, Portuguese and French-speaking regions of the Americas. Students will come to appreciate the diversity of Latin American and U.S. Latino experiences by studying Latin Americans from all countries, including the United States.
Spring 2024 Course Listings
Learn about the wonders of Latin America next semester!
- HS 342D - Health & Illness Latin America
- HS 442D - Health & Illness Latin America
- HS 249D - The History of Mexico
- HS 385D - The History of Mexico
- PO 204 - Portuguese Language and Culture
- SN 104 - Intermediate Spanish II
- SN 201D - Spanish Composition and Conversation
- SN 203 - Introduction to Reading Literature
- SN 300 - Spanish for Healthcare
- SN 368 - Travelers and Migrants in Colombian Literature
- TH 265D - World Christianity
- TH 370 - Liberation Theology: Roots, Branches, & Critiques
Hear from our scholars
Here are a few words about the Latin American and Latino Studies program from Professor Thomas Ward and Kerry McEnerney, ‘22:
Coronavirus got you down? This might be for you.