Transforming lives through innovation & entrepreneurship
The Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CI&E) educates and engages students in the critical skills that help us be innovators in our lives and work. The Center will also play a role in transforming Baltimore, by supporting the city's entrepreneurs and social ventures.
Loyola’s approach to innovation & entrepreneurship is:
- Student-led and student-centered. Students’ needs, interests, and engagement drive the activities of the CI&E.
- Grounded in Human Centered Design (or Design Thinking). CI&E activities are collaborative, reflective, and fun. The community can practice applying new problem-solving tools to education, work, and personal lives.
- Committed to trial. The 2018-19 year is a year of testing for the CI&E. There are multiple opportunities to partner, try new things, fail, and learn what works.
- Designed for all. Innovation is a big umbrella. Multiple interpretations and perspectives fit within the CI&E, with room for all stakeholders.
- Part of a larger movement. Innovation and entrepreneurship have gained momentum at Loyola. Deep wells of innovation exist across the campuses. The Center elevates and connects Loyola efforts, and connects Loyola to Baltimore’s vibrant creative, tech, entrepreneurial, and academic scenes.
News & Highlights