Makerspaces are fun and innovative places that inspire creativity, open-mindedness, and the entrepreneurial spirit! Lange Innovation Lounge will be a multidisciplinary room filled with prototyping and creativity tools to provide students of all backgrounds the means to explore their innovating ambitions. Because the lounge is a space designed by students for students, we are asking our community how you would design and paint our newest makerspace by answering this question: What does innovation mean to you?
- This competition is open to current Loyola undergraduate students.
- Submissions can be made in any art medium - digital, canvas, photography, sculpture. Even rough drafts of designs will be accepted - we will work with the artist to further the winning design if it shows potential.
- Submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject line "Lange Competition"; standard file formats are accepted - JPG, PDF, PNG.
- Be sure to include your name, email address, class year, and major.
- Deadline to enter - Friday, November 26th, 2019.
The winner is selected by a panel of students, staff, and faculty involved with the operations of the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship. In addition to a $500 visa card, the artist's work will be represented in Lange Innovation Lounge, and a plaque will be displayed to honor the artist. The winner is notified via email, and announcements will be made on social media, Loyola Today, and this site.
Students are encouraged to visit the space to get a sense of dimensions, spacing, and layout. Lange Innovation Lounge is located on the west side of Charles Street near the Lange gate. For more context on the space, read the article in CI&E's March newsletter. For more information on the competition, email CI&E at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lange "Before" Photos