We partner with faculty and help them develop their courses and learn how to best use the tools provided by Loyola.
Departments across this university have accomplished much in transitioning to a largely virtual environment in order to meet the needs of our students. With full knowledge that Loyola’s efforts to support our students in a variety of ways will continue in the foreseeable future, the Office of Digital Teaching and Learning (ODTL) is reaching out to describe the ways we can continue to support your department, regardless
- Fully asynchronous online course development – This includes developing new courses, adapting current courses, or reviewing/revising courses that have been offered in the past. Even if these courses are later taught in a hybrid model, the asynchronous original design allows for instructors to use the synchronous time together in much more meaningful ways.
- Assessment/gradebook alignment – Departments can submit their syllabuses for their summer courses and their assignments will be created including directions and scoring tools in a shell which can later be imported into the live course. The assignments will be aligned with the gradebooks. Attendance can be added if desired.
- Instructional design coaches – Departments can request an instructional design coach to work with summer instructors or professors. This coaching relationship involves reviewing their course, support their growth in key elements of online teaching, and problem solving as issues arises. This coaching model can be tailored for onboarding new instructors or supporting next step those who are proficient or advanced in online instruction.
- Course reviews – Back by popular demand, departments can submit their classes for review and will receive individualized feedback and support from an instructional designer.
- Technical Training & Support - of course, we still train and support all of our office's tools! We are happy to offer assistance and training on/with: Moodle, Zoom, Panopto, FlipGrid, and PollEverywhere.
Please be aware that some of these offerings are subject to capacity of our team and reaching out early is helpful in our planning.
To create convincing learning experiences, to enable success for all Loyola learners.