Black American Feminism: A Multidisciplinary Bibliography: Compiled by Sherri Barnes, librarian at UC Santa Barbara, this site includes citations from the 19th century to the present on Black American Feminism in a wide array of disciplines. Citations are from professional, scholarly, popular, mainstream and alternative magazines, journals, newspapers, and books.
South Asian Women's Net: SAWNET (South Asian Women's Net) hosts this forum which includes news, bibliographies, reviews, directories, and links.
Making Face, Making Soul: A Chicana Feminist Homepage: This site provides information on activism, gay/lesbian topics, literary topics, and much more.
Jewish Feminist Resources: A listing of Jewish feminist organizations from Lilith magazine.
National Women's Studies Association: Supports and promotes feminist/womanist teaching, learning, and research.
Global and Transnational Women's Activism
The Feminist Majority Foundation: Includes information under several categories, such as a Feminist Research Center, a Feminist University Network, and a Feminist Career Center.
Discussion Groups /Chat
WMST-L Discussion Group: an international email forum for discussion of Women's Studies teaching and research. Archives exist going back decades.
H-Women Discussion Network: moderated electronic forum for discussion of women's history across all eras and regions.
General information and links to more resources—a good place to start.
- Loyola Notre Dame Library Research Guide
- Feminist Public Intellectuals Project: Short Takes, Feminist Key Concepts and Controversies, and Ask a Feminist
- Feminist Periodicals: Lists the indexes of a Core List in Women's Studies journals. Updated regularly
- Feminist.Com: Feminist topics including reproductive rights, suffrage, rape, abuse, sexual harassment, education, and parenting
- Voice of the Shuttle: Gender Studies–from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Offers links to sites about women's studies and feminist theory, queer studies, men's movements, and cyber gender and tech gender
- Women's Studies Resources: From the University of Iowa, links and information on activism, literature, art, history and feminist theory
Partial List of Gender and Sexuality Related Journals
Differences: A Journal of Feminist Cultural Studies: A critical forum where the problematic of differences is explored in texts ranging from the literary and the visual to the political and social.
Frontiers: A Journal of Women's Studies: Broad mix of scholarly work, personal essays, and the arts and to multicultural and interdisciplinary perspectives offered in accessible language.
Gender and Society: Sociology journal examines gender as one of the foundations of every existing social order.
Hypatia: a Journal of Feminist Philosophy: Journal for scholarly research at the intersection of philosophy and women's studies.
Journal of Women's History: Devoted exclusively to the international field of women's history.
Legacy: Journal of American Women Writers: Focuses specifically on American women's writings from the seventeenth through the mid-twentieth century
Feminist Formations the NWSA Journal: Interdisciplinary, multicultural feminist scholarship linking feminist theory with teaching and activism.
Feminist Magazines & Blogs Concerned with Politics and Popular Culture