Loyola University Maryland

Department of History

Xavier Hall (1924)

Xavier Hall was originally used as a small chapel, donated from The Shrine of the Sacred Heart in Mount Washington. Systematically disassembled, it was trucked to the Evergreen campus in the fall of 1924 and formally opened in February of 1925.

Xavier Hall in 1924
1924

Xavier Hall in 1924
1924

Xavier Hall in 2006
2006

Xavier Hall in 2006
2006

Gillian Chambres
Students

Gillian

Gillian is excited to apply her Loyola education to become a teacher after graduation—while striving for a career in public policy

Sociology, History, Education