For applicants who already hold an M.Ed., a Certificate of Advanced Study is offered. The Montessori course of study is given 27 graduate credits. One additional course, ED627 - Advanced Research Project in Montessori Education, fulfills the requirements for the CAS for a total of 30 graduate credits. The student designs and implements a research project under the supervision of a faculty advisor.
Academic Year Format
Possible Career Paths
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
Estimated Program Costs
Typical Program Length: 18 Months
- Program tuition and fees:
- Program books and supplies: $1,500*
- On-Campus room and board: Not offered
*Does not include $25 registration fee per term.
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2018-19 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2017-18, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 30 credit program takes 18 months to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2017-18, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
Download the Gainful Employment Disclosure information for this program