Intensive Treatment for Aphasia Program (ITAP)
Dates: Runs mid/end of May through July.
ITAP is an intensive treatment program for adults with aphasia. Graduate students in speech-language pathology work with clients to increase overall communication abilities and life participation through 1:1 and group treatment sessions for 1-4 hours/day, 2 days per week, for several weeks. Following individualized pre-assessment, a task-specific approach is employed; student clinicians work with clients to help them choose their own goals. Goals are targeted through traditional therapeutic approaches, as well as by activities that encourage carry-over of communication skills in the community. Clients use cutting-edge technology to maximize communication skills and receive follow-up recommendations to promote continued improvement.
Treatment will be provided mostly in a tele-practice format with the possibility of some in person sessions.
Who is this program for?
Any adult with aphasia—an acquired language disorder that impairs the ability to speak and/or understand others, that may also impair reading and/or writing abilities.
- Summer session only
- Use of current technology to maximize communication skills: software and applications
- Post-assessment and follow-up recommendations
- Client and family education
- Program starts week of May 18th
- Cost: 1 hour individual session= $48.00, 1 hour group session = $20.00
- Sliding scale available based upon individual financial status. Limited scholarships also available.
Learn more and register by calling 410-617-1200. Questions? Contact Theresa Alexander, email@example.com or Cynthia Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org.