Skip to main content

Repeating Classes

Benefits will not be paid for repeating courses in which a passing grade is received. For undergraduate students, a passing grade is D (1.000) or better. For graduate students, a passing grade is C (2.000) or better. The only exception (at this time) is when University policy requires that the student earn a higher grade in a specific course. The academic program of a student on warning or probation may be restricted by the Dean. If enrollment restrictions include repeating courses for which the student initially received a passing grade, the DVA will not reimburse the student for the course. There is, otherwise, no limit on the number of times an eligible person may repeat a course for which a failing (or otherwise unacceptable) grade is received, provided the University's overall Satisfactory Progress Standards are met.