Veterans and Reservists enrolled 3/4 time or more and training under Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, and 1606 and Section 903 may be eligible for employment on a part-time basis. (Note: Loyola does not participate in VEAP, Chapter 32.) The DVA will pay an allowance equal to the prevailing federal or state minimum wage, whichever is higher. This is not a general work study opportunity at Loyola and the university does not currently have positions on campus. However, students can still use their work study opportunities at other VA facilities. For more information, visit the VBA website.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill—(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33) (Veterans and transfer-of-entitlement recipients)
- Montgomery GI Bill—Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill—Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program—(38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)