Skip to main content

Transferring Credits

If you plan to take courses at another school, they must be approved in advance.

For summer school courses, view the policies by the Academic Advising and Support Center (AASC) before it will be considered by the political science department. If additional information is required beyond that requested on the AASC form, you may be asked to provide a syllabus for the course you would like to take.

Keep in mind

  • Courses must be taken at an accredited four-year college or university.
  • You have to get course approval from Loyola (both the AASC and the department chair) before you actually take the course.
  • You cannot take PS 101 or PS 102 at another school; you must take those two courses at Loyola.
  • Check with the AASC to ensure that university-wide policy allows you to take the course at another school; there are rules regarding the number of credits that need to be taken at Loyola.

Contact Us

Department of Political Science
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21210-2699