Current as of catalogue year 2022-2023.
Students majoring in sociology must complete 12 sociology courses:
- SC 100 - Introduction to Sociology
- SC 201 - Self and Society
- SC 202 - Social Power and Social Change or SC203 - Globalization and Society
- SC 342 - Social Research Methods
- SC 355 - Sociological Theory
- SC 401 - Sociology Practicum and Seminar
- Three courses at the SC 360-499 level (one of which must be a 400-level seminar)
- Three electives
Majors must also complete Introduction to Statistical Methods and Data Analysis (ST 110) or an equivalent statistics course (e.g., EC 220).
Making Sense of Data with Database Management Systems (CS 105) and/or Topics in Introductory Computer Science (CS 120) are strongly recommended. ST 110 and CS 105 can be used to fulfill the mathematics/natural science core requirements.
For catalogue years before 2022-2023, or for more information on available courses, please visit the Loyola catalogue.