Congratulations! We are pleased that you have been accepted to Loyola’s graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology!
Save the Date:
Please save the date of April 6, 2019 from 1-3pm for an Accepted Student Reception at our Belvedere Square Clinical Centers. Additional details will be sent via email. We are also holding a virtual Accepted Student Reception on April 9 from 5-7pm for those of you not able to attend the event on Saturday.
You may also watch a virtual tour of the Columbia and Belvedere Clinical Centers.
To Do Now:
To secure your place in the program, please complete the following no later than the date listed in your acceptance letter:
- Accept your offer of admission by submitting the form linked in your admission letter.
- Submit your non-refundable enrollment deposit of $500 by using the link on your status page that you will see after accepting the offer of admission.
- Complete a criminal background check following these guidelines. The results will automatically be sent to Loyola.
- Review Program Fact Sheet
You will need to complete the following by July 31:
- Send an official transcript(s) to Ms. Emilie Aguilar (contact info below) showing:
- (1) a conferred bachelor’s level degree,
- (2) all relevant CSD/SLP coursework, and
- (3) prerequisite coursework in statistics, social sciences, biology, and physical sciences
- Send an official transcript(s) to The Office of Graduate Admission (contact info below) showing:
- (1) a conferred bachelor’s level degree
- Send proof of 25 observation hours to Ms. Emilie Aguilar
- Complete and return Proof of Immunization form to Ms. Emilie Aguilar
- Your $500 deposit will be credited to your first semester's tuition.
- Tuition rates are published here
- You will also pay a one-time technology fee of $195 at the beginning of the program. This covers the cost of the SimuCase and Typhon software.
- View information about Graduate Assistantships . Applications may be accepted after the deadline and placed on a waitlist.
As you will have read in the Program Fact Sheet, students will have classes all day on Mondays and clinical placements Tuesdays-Fridays. In the first year of the program, your classes will be held at the Columbia Graduate Center (8890 McGaw Road, Columbia, MD 21045). In the second year of the program, your classes will be held at the Timonium Graduate Center (2034 Greenspring Dr, Timonium, MD 21093). In the first-year, clinical placements will be at both the Columbia Loyola Clinical Centers (8890 McGaw Road, Columbia, MD 21045) and the Belvedere Loyola Clinical Centers (5911 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212). In the second year, your clinical placements will typically be at an externship location within the Greater Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan area.
Here is a list of housing options where SLP students have lived and recommend. Loyola also offers a website with information on graduate housing. Most students opt to live in and around Baltimore (Fells Point, Federal Hill, Canton, Towson) while others choose to live in Columbia. If you have questions, please feel free to network with other accepted students or contact Ms. Emilie Aguilar.
Ms. Emilie Aguilar
Director of Program Operations, Graduate Program
8890 McGaw Road
Columbia, MD 21045
email@example.com (preferred method of contact)
Office of Graduate Admission
Timonium Graduate Center
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093