The Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences at Loyola University Maryland invites you to a public meeting with the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA), our nationally recognized accrediting agency. The CAA invites public input about the accreditation process and about our graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology prior to our final accreditation decision by the CAA.
Date: November 11, 2019
Time: 3:45 – 4:15 pm
Location: Columbia Graduate Center, 8890 McGaw Road, Columbia, MD 21045, Room 210/230
To RSVP, please contact Emilie Aguilar email@example.com by October 21
If you are unable to attend, you are invited to submit written comments prior to the site visit. Please see below for the Policy on Written Comments. A copy of the CAA Standards for Accreditation of Graduate Education Programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology and the CAA's policy on public comment may be obtained online or by contacting the Accreditation Office at ASHA, 2200 Research Boulevard, Rockville, Maryland 20850; calling ASHA's Action Center at 800-498-2071; or accessing the documents online at http://caa.asha.org/.
Policy on Written Comments
Individuals who wish to provide input about CAA-accredited program seeking reaccreditation may do so in two ways:
- submitting written comments prior to the accreditation site visit no later than 15 days before the first day of the scheduled site visit to the address listed below or
- attending and providing comments at a public meeting during the program’s scheduled site visit.
All comments provided must:
- relate to a program’s compliance with the published Standards for Accreditation of Graduate Education Programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (Standards) in effect at the time comments are submitted, and
- identify the specific program seeking candidacy, initial accreditation, or reaccreditation with the CAA.
- All written testimony—including comments faxed or submitted as e-mail attachments--must include the commenter’s name, address and telephone contact information and the commenter’s relationship to the program in order for Accreditation staff to verify the source of the testimony. All comments must be signed.
Comments not meeting these requirements will not be considered, and the individual or group commenting will be so notified. As with all information obtained during the site visit, the site visit team members will consider the written comments as it relates to the accreditation standards and will not reveal the identity of the person submitting. Comments should be submitted to: Accreditation Public Comment; Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA); American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; 2200 Research Boulevard, #310; Rockville, MD 20850; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 301-296-8570.