- Students will demonstrate competency in professional and technical writing in the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Students will demonstrate competency in critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of theories underlying the typical processes of speech, language, and hearing development by explaining key concepts and describing evidence-based practices in the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology.
Program outcome: The program will instruct students to become proficient in professional and technical writing.
Student learner outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate strong writing skills with a clear ability to express thoughts and point of view using correct grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, word choice (semantics), transitions, and general structure.
- Students will demonstrate correct APA documentation (including reference page, cover page, in-text citations, appropriate number of reputable sources used for support, paraphrasing skills etc.).
- Students will demonstrate writing with a clear and cohesive message, including an appropriate sense of audience (sensitivity to diversity in culture, socioeconomic, and educational background).