Have you ever considered...
Joining the Catholic Church?
Seeking a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith?
Growing closer with God?
If you have, then RCIA may be for you.
What is RCIA?
RCIA, or Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is the process by which individuals become full members of the Catholic Church. This formation process culminates in the reception of one (or more) of the sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. During the RCIA process, individuals are invited to explore more deeply their own faith journey, while being introduced to the basic beliefs, liturgy, and spiritual tradition of the Catholic Church.
Who is it for?
Candidates: individuals from other or no faith tradition(s) who desire to become part of the Catholic faith community through Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist AND/OR baptized Catholics who are seeking Eucharist and/or Confirmation.
Sponsors: Confirmed Catholics who wish to support the faith journey of a candidate.
Seekers: Anyone who wishes to learn more about the Catholic faith.
At Loyola, the RCIA process is a commitment for the entire academic year, culminating with the Rite of Initiation Mass in March or April of the Spring Semester. The process is generally divided into the following stages.
- Inquiry and Discernment: individuals are invited to deepen their understanding of how God has been active in their lives.
- Catechumenate: individuals being to reflect more deeply on the person and Gospel of Jesus.
- Rite of Election: on the first Sunday of Lent, candidates gather at Mass before the greater faith community.
- Purification or Enlightenment: candidates are able to deepen their prayer life and examine their personal journeys more closely.
- Initiation: candidates receive the sacraments of initiation during the Easter season.
- Mystagogia: candidates continue to grow and reflect on the mystery of the Easter sacraments as they move forward on their spiritual journeys.
RCIA meetings will be held weekly.
Please contact Josh Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information.