Mass or Eucharist, lies at the heart of who we are and what we believe as Catholic Christians; it is the “source and summit of our faith," and the font from which all our actions flow (Lumen Gentium 11). Our community will join together again virtually and in person!
Campus Ministry will continue to livestream Masses from Alumni Memorial Chapel through May 23 on the Livestream Mass Webpage or Campus Ministry Facebook. Registration is now open for limited in-person attendance at select Masses. After May 16th, in-person attendance will open to students, staff, alumni and friends without registration. Please review the registration instructions and COVID Precautions required for in-person Mass attendance.
Sunday Mass Schedule: Academic Year
||Alumni Memorial Chapel in-person attendance through May 2 (registration required)
Live-stream Mass through May 23
Alumni Memorial Chapel in-person through May 23 (registration required until May 16).
Daily Mass Schedule: Academic Year
Wednesday Live-stream Mass through May 12
Alumni Memorial Chapel daily in-person until May 13th (with registration)
Reconciliation celebrated before 12:10 Mass
Sunday Mass Schedule: Summer 2021
June 6th through July 25th
Alumni Memorial Chapel in-person attendance open to students, staff, alumni and friends of Loyola without pre-registration.
- Pre-registration is required for all in-person Mass attendance.
- Only students and employees who are part of Loyola's surveillance testing are able to register for scheduled Masses on campus.
- Registration for Sunday Masses opens the Monday prior and Daily Mass registration can be done at any point.
- You may attend Mass as an individual by reserving one ticket. If you wish to be seated with current roommates, you may register for more than one ticket, using each attendee’s information.
- If the Mass capacity has been reached, you can request to be placed on the Waiting List.
By registering, you agree to follow all COVID Precautions listed below.
Daily Mass Registration Form
Sunday Mass 5 p.m. Registration Form
Sunday Mass 11 a.m. Registration Form
What to Expect at Mass: COVID Precautions for Alumni Memorial Chapel
- Advance registration is required to attend Mass in person. Due to limited capacity in the Chapel, a waiting list will be implemented if necessary. Very few walk-up tickets are available. DO NOT count on being issued a walk-up ticket.
- DO NOT attend Mass if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who either has COVID or is suspected of having COVID within the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID test or have otherwise been ordered to quarantine or isolate.
- Please arrive early. Because of new COVID precautions, it will take additional time to seat our community.
- Enter Alumni Memorial Chapel through the main, front doors. The side doors will be reserved for exiting the building. Please follow all signage.
- Upon entering the Chapel, you must:
- Wear a mask covering both your mouth and nose at all times.
- Maintain 6ft. physical distance from other community members at all times, including while waiting in line.
- Show a Green Campus Clear Pass.
- Present your Eventbrite registration confirmation QR code.
- Be scanned to assure you are fever-free.
- You will be seated by either a Sacristan or Minister of Hospitality as you arrive beginning at the front of the Chapel and continuing until all available seats are filled. Those who arrive in “roommate pods” may be seated together. You may not sit with anyone outside of current roommates for the health and safety of our Loyola Community.
- The following Mass activities will be suspended until further notice:
- No singing by congregants. Only the cantor may sing.
- No collections will be taken nor gifts presented.
- No holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer
- No physical exchange of the Sign of Peace.
- Communion will take place at the normal time.
- There will be two physically distanced communion stations in the front of the Chapel.
- A Sacristan or Hospitality Minister will invite people forward, single file, one row at a time alternating sides so that there will be an even flow. Attendees must continue to maintain 6 ft. physical distance while in line for Communion.
- To avoid unnecessary contact, you must participate in the Communion Procession. If you do not wish to receive, you should remain in the procession with arms crossed over your chest as you approach the Blessed Sacrament. You may receive a contactless blessing if you wish.
- Eucharistic Ministers will place the host directly in your palm. Communion on the tongue is not allowed. If the minister feels as though he/she has touched someone, then he/she will stop and sanitize his/her hands before resuming the distribution of Communion.
- You will depart Mass using the side aisles as directed by the Hospitality Ministers or Sacristans. Everyone will exit through the side doors of the Chapel.
- Reconciliation will be offered in the Chapel Choir room located to the right of the altar.
- If a priest is sitting or standing outside the room, feel free to come forward.
- If you do not see a priest outside, please wait outside the choir room until the priest invites you in.
- Enter through the door on the altar. Inside the Chapel Choir room will be two chairs 6 feet apart from each other.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- When you are finished please exit through the opposite door, marked exit, into the hallway.
Loyola is located at the corner of Cold Spring Lane and North Charles Street in Baltimore City
- When using I-695 (the Baltimore Beltway), take Exit 25 (Charles Street).
- Proceed south on Charles Street. Loyola is just north of the Cold Spring Lane intersection.
- Parking for Sunday Mass is free of charge at Jenkins Hall -- located on Cold Spring Lane