The central duplicating department provides on-campus printing and copying requirements of University material for Loyola's faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
Location: 5104 York Road
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (*Note: no Saturday hours)
Do NOT send exams through campus mail. To maintain security, please follow these instructions:
- Send all exams by email to email@example.com or submit through WebCRD. The following information must be included:
- Due date (and hour if required by a certain time of day)
- Number of copies needed, b/w or color print, single or duplex, finishing instructions as collate, staple, etc.
- Exam pages should be numbered
- Department name/budget number
- Delivery location
- Exams may NOT be submitted by a student, picked up by a student, or signed for by a student. Exams must be signed for upon delivery or pick-up by a Loyola employee.
- Exams are given top priority
- The exact number of exams requested will be produced and all information deleted after production.
- Exams are covered with chipboard front and back and then heat-sealed in plastic. They are secured in a locked cabinet in our department until delivered or picked up.
No work study students see or handle any part of the printing function for exams.
- Extensive use of handouts (single handout 15 or more pages; total distribution of 40 or more pages) should be bound and sold in the campus bookstore.
- Loyola's copyright policy will apply.
- Allow lead time of one week for duplication of a large number of documents or numerous pages.
- Number all pages of documents to be reproduced in the event copiers and copy systems misfeed, jam, or otherwise malfunction. Numbering the pages facilitates restoring the correct order to the document.
- Make certain to fully complete the Printing Request Form. Jobs cannot be correctly produced without this information.
- A budget code and signed authorization is required for all printing services.
Turnaround times are as follows:
- Basic copy requests, including exams, require a 24 hour turnaround to be delivered. Any request received after 4 p.m. requires 36 hours.
- Requests that require additional finishing are subject to a 72 hour turnaround. Please contact ext. 1134 for confirmation or special requests.
- Any job submitted without a due date will be completed in 2 – 3 business days.
- Books, directories or manuals, depending on specifications and quantity, will take one to two weeks and possible longer. Ask Printing Services staff x 1134 for estimated time of completion.
These are approximate turnaround times and could vary depending on work load. Allow extra time during peak use times – the beginning and end of fall and spring semesters, mid-terms, and final exams. Please allow an appropriate amount of lead time. Should you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 1134.
WebCRD for Printing Services
Send a print job to Printing Services right from your favorite program using WebCRD for Printing Services! WebCRD automates the ordering fulfillment and production management for Printing Services.
- Go to the File/Print menu from any program, like Microsoft Word, and select "Printing Services" from the list of available printers. Your file will automatically be converted to PDF format, ensuring that all fonts and placement of content and images are correct.
- A new browser will open up straight to Printing Services' site. Log in using your Loyola Username and Password and then follow the onscreen instructions to add your file to the cart.
- You can choose your printing options step by step, or select one of the already made pre-sets of options. There will even be a proof of what your file will look like when it is printed.
- Enter in your GL account number and you are ready to submit your print job.
Learn more about WebCRD and download a quick guide and video at https://printingservices.loyola.edu.