If you believe you have been a target of bias related behaviors, please consider the following:
- If emergency situation (need medical attention or feel unsafe) call Campus Police at 410-617-5911 or 911 immediately.
- Preserve the evidence.
- Written slur, graffiti, and/or text message – Do not erase or delete the message
- E-mail, Facebook message, etc. – Save the message, take a screen shot or print as soon as possible.
- Voice mail message – Save it. Do not erase the recorded message.
- Take a picture or video record the evidence (graffiti, physical injuries, license plate, or anything else relevant)
- Verbal incident/altercation – Immediately write down everything that was said.
- Witnesses – Gather witness information and encourage them to submit a report/document what they observed.
- Report the incident. There are several avenues for reporting bias related behaviors.
- Anonymous online form. Documents, pictures, etc. can be uploaded on the form.
- Contact the Vice President for Student Development Office 410-617-5171 or stop by Jenkins Hall 105.
- Contact an RA or member of Student Life staff. Student Life staff members are required to report bias behaviors to their immediate supervisor and complete the online bias related behaviors report form. This form is sent directly to the Vice President for Student Development Office.
- Contact Campus Police 410-617-5911.
- You do not have to determine whether or not the offensive conduct constitutes as bias related behaviors. Report the behaviors and the Vice President for Student Development Office will begin the investigation process to determine the best way to address the incident. The incident will be handled in a confidential manner, except in cases where the University is required by law to notify the community.
- It is best to report behaviors as soon as possible to facilitate the investigation.
- Seek out support. For support in coping with and managing these situations, please contact one of the following departments:
Vice President for Student Development Office: 410-617-5171
Dean of Students Office: 410-617-5171
Counseling Center: 410-617-2273
ALANA Services: 410-617-2310
Campus Ministry: 410-617-2768
Center for Community Service and Justice: 410-617-2380
Disability Support Services: 410-617-2750
Residence Life: 410-617-5081
Women's Center: 410-617-5844