Greetings from the Student Development Division
The Division for Student Development is committed to creating an inclusive community that facilitates and enhances student learning and development. Anchored in the Core Values of our Jesuit University, we aspire for every student to fully embody, “strong truths, well lived.” The various departments in the Division provide student support, educational and social programs, and leadership development while promoting inclusion, community development, wellness, and vocational discernment. The departments collaborate to foster a seamless learning environment that challenges emerging adults to become people for and with others.
The student development division is committed to living out our motto, “strong truths, well lived” by creating a culture that enhances student learning and development through five guiding principles:
- We understand that all facets of a student’s development (mind, body and spirit) guide our work of creating an educationally purposeful community.
- We partner to create a student centered community that empowers students to use their gifts and talents to make a difference at Loyola and beyond.
- We demonstrate moral and ethical decision making and model honesty and integrity in our personal interactions with one another.
- We uphold the dignity of all members in the community by showing respect and practicing civility in our interactions.
- We recognize that each member shares responsibility for nurturing a just community that actively encourages, engages and embraces diversity.
Student Development Department Listing
November 2017 Green & Grey Society Alumni Speaker: https://vimeo.com/greycomm/gng-lazar