Applications for the 2023 Baltipreneurs Accelerator program are now closed. See this year's cohort.
This year’s Baltipreneurs Accelerator will provide a minimum of $40,000 in total funding for 8 ventures in the Baltimore community, including Loyola students, faculty, and staff. Eligible models include both startup businesses and innovative social ventures. Selected teams will join the Accelerator to receive training and technical assistance, mentorship, networking opportunities, and access to capital, ending with a Demo Day showcase in early spring.
Differentiation and mentorship
Ventures are understood to enter the program in their own place and with distinct needs. While attending all 10 required weekly sessions (mix of virtual and in-person), ventures (nonprofit or for profit) will otherwise proceed through their own identified milestones at their own pace. Mentors and instructors will provide personalized content, and conversations within and across teams will be prioritized to democratize the learning environment.
Time for reflection and practice
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator is part-time and provides participants with time for feedback, reflection, opportunities for failure, and to react and build. Participants will use the program to hone their ask before appearing in front of the community and receiving awards at Demo Day in the spring.
Elevating peer learning and cooperation
A “team of teams” dynamic will be built into the Accelerator, as collaboration among and between teams is required.
By accepting responsibility for shared instruction, teams will learn from one another and share resources. Demonstrating that teamwork pays, participants will be asked to rank each other’s ventures to evaluate who will qualify for the final cash rewards.
Each successful Baltipreneur venture receives a minimum of $2,000 in stipends:
- $500 upon completion of first five learning modules
- $1,000 upon meeting agreed-upon major milestones
- $500 after presenting at Demo Day
Plus the opportunity to qualify for an additional $24,000 or more in awards distributed to the highest performing teams.
Baltipreneurs will also receive:
- A dedicated mentor
- Option to engage Loyola Consulting Group on a pro-bono project
- Access to office hours with Startup Executive in Residence
- 1 on 1 pitch/presentation coaching session
- 1 on 1 financial and accounting management coaching session
- Access to competitive/corporate research training
- Access to networking platform Loyola Connect
- Photo session for portraits for use on LinkedIn, social media, and other marketing materials
Am I a fit?
The Baltipreneurs Accelerator will consider ventures:
- Led by passionate, committed entrepreneurs including Loyola University Maryland students, faculty, or staff, and residents operating in the city of Baltimore only.
- Preference to founders who identify as underrepresented entrepreneurs, including but not limited to women entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs of color, entrepreneurs with disabilities, or veteran entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs representing all industries and market sizes both pre- or post-revenue will be considered, with successful applicants showing clear customer momentum
I think I fit! How do I apply?
- Applications for the 2022-23 cohort are now closed, but check back for details about next year's cohort in fall 2023.
- We will confirm receipt of your application and inform you of your acceptance status as soon as possible.
Program Location & Schedule
Ten weekly cohort meetups will be held in-person and via zoom on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 p.m. December 2022-March 2023. Attendance is mandatory.