Students will be able to:
1. Perform an appropriate analysis of data in the context of a business/organizational problem.
2. Apply programming languages to solve data science problems.
3. Apply machine learning to data science problems.
4. Effectively communicate key elements of the data science process.
5. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in practicing data science.
Additional Program Goals:
- students will understand the underlying principles of data science and be able to keep up with this expanding field
- students will be proficient in analyzing complex data from diverse sources by discovering key relationships within the data
- students will be able to model data using machine learning techniques.
- students will be able to model data using statistical models
- students will be able to predict future outcomes that can be used to advise decision makers on their course of action
- students will be knowledgeable of general ethical principles, how these principles apply to data science, and the social context of data science