Students will be able to:
Perform an appropriate analysis of data in the context of a business/organizational problem.
- Apply programming languages to solve data science problems.
- Apply machine learning to data science problems.
- Effectively communicate key elements of the data science process.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in practicing data science.
Additional Program Goals:
- Students will understand the underlying principles of data science and be able to keep up with this expanding field
- Students will be proficient in analyzing complex data from diverse sources by discovering key relationships within the data
- Students will be able to model data using machine learning techniques
- Students will be able to model data using statistical models
- Students will be able to predict future outcomes that can be used to advise decision makers on their course of action
- Students will be knowledgeable of general ethical principles, how these principles apply to data science, and the social context of data science