Humanities Center 242H
Loyola University Maryland
4501 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Ph.D, Rutgers University
- M.A., Boston University
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University
- EN 101: The Art of Reading
- EN 203: Major Writers: American Literature
- EN 266: U.S. Literature: Imagining the Nation
- EN 366: American Literature to WWI: Dissent
- EN 373: Black Lit Matters
- EN 388: Asian/Pacific U.S. Literature
- “Piecing the Crazy-Quilt: Approaches to Teaching Agnes Smedley’s Daughter of Earth.”A Class of Our Own: Teaching the Literature of the Working Class. Eds. Laura Hapke and Lisa Cooper Kirby. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008. 76-95.
- “‘No Tomorrow in the Man’: Uncovering the Great Depression in Their Eyes Were Watching God.” Arizona Quarterly 63.3 (Autumn 2007): 91-117.
- “What Bigger Killed For: Re-Reading Violence Against Women in Native Son.” Texas Studies in Literature and Language 43.2 (June 2001): 169-193.
- Selection reprinted in Native Son (Bloom's Guide). Ed., Harold Bloom. New York: Chelsea House, 2007