COVID-19 Information: For the latest updates and resources, please visit Loyola's COVID-19 Response website

Graduate Admission for International Students

Loyola University Maryland is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students who are the citizens of countries other than the United States. International applicants to Loyola's graduate programs who need an F-1 student visa are required to submit the following documentation in addition to the application materials required for the academic program they're applying for.

Deadlines for International Applicants

Fall Semester

PsyD: December 1
Speech: February 15
Psychology Master's (CPC program): January 15
MAT (Full-time summer start program): February 1
School Counseling:  March 5
Theology: March 1
Kodaly Music Education: March 15

All admission documents must be submitted by the dates above. 


All other programs: April 1 (Please check the admission requirement page for your program of interest to view if the program accepts international applicants.)

Please note there is no spring admission for international applicants.

STEP 1: Documentation Required for Admission Application Review for International Applicants Requesting F-1 Student Visa Status

An international file is one that includes the following documents for application review, in addition to the required application materials:

  • International Student Supplemental Application: Required for United States Immigration purposes.
  • If you have dependents, you are required to fill out this additional Dependent Application.
  • TOEFL or IELTS Score Report are required if the student's native language is not English. Loyola's ETS code is 5370.  Loyola requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 and a 7 in all areas of the IELTS.  Test scores must be from tests administered within two years of the application deadline. Additional information can be obtained from and
  • All foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved evaluation service.  Loyola requires a course by course evaluation and accepts evaluations from members of NACES ( and the World Education Service. (
  • Passport Copy: Submit a copy of the biographical page of the student's passport.

STEP 2: Required Materials to Finalize Admission

After admission acceptance the following documents are required to issue a Form I-20: 

  • International Graduate Student Checklist: Please include this form when you submit your application.
  • Declaration of Finances Form: This must be accompanied by a current bank statement issued within one month of applying (in U.S. dollars). The bank statement must be an original document. Photo copies and scanned documents will NOT be accepted
  • Current Bank Statement: Provide a current, original bank letter showing funds (in U.S. dollars) available to cover the full cost of attendance (tuition, fees, housing, board, books, medical and all other expenses) for one year at Loyola University Maryland.  The bank letter must be on bank stationery, in English, and signed by a bank official with contact information.  
  • Affidavit of Financial Support: You are required to submit the affidavit for financial support signed by a sponsor or benefactor affirming that all expenses will be meet during your period of enrollment at Loyola.  Expense must include tuition, fees, housing, board, books, medical and all other expenses. (in U.S. dollars).
  • An Affidavit of Self Support is required if you plan to support yourself.

Where to Send Your Application Materials

Declaration of finances form, current bank statement, affidavit of financial support, and affidavit of self-support should be sent directly to:

Office of International Student Services
ATTN: Ms. Sunanda K. Bhatia, Director
Loyola University Maryland
4501 North Charles Street, HU 141
Baltimore, MD 21210

All other application materials should be sent directly to:

The Graduate Programs
Office of Graduate Admission
Loyola University Maryland
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093

STEP 3: Documentation Required to Finalize Enrollment

After you receive your acceptance letter and have submitted all the above documentation, the following must be provided before a Form I-20 can be issued to you for F-1 student visa purposes.  These are due no later than June 5:

  • Enrollment Deposit: Tuition payment for the first semester. Please use Flywire-Loyola to make the payment.  
  • Proof of Health Insurance: Proof of sufficient health insurance coverage for the first year of study at Loyola (must be renewed each academic year). You are required to either enroll online in the Loyola-sponsored Student Health Insurance plan, or submit an online request to waive coverage. Students are encouraged to purchase Loyola's Student Health Insurance, the Wellfleet Health Insurance Plan. To waive coverage, your plan must have comparable coverage based on Loyola's waiver criteria.  Please review your current plan to be sure that your benefits extend to the United States and Maryland area.  To enroll in or waive coverage, visit  For more information, visit the Student Health and Education Services website. 
  • Please send this documentation required to finalize enrollment to:
               Office of Graduate Admission
               Loyola University Maryland
               2034 Greenspring Drive
               Timonium, MD 21093


Non F-1 Student Visa Requirements

An international applicant who has a visa type allowing them to study in the United States (i.e.A-2, G-4) must complete the following requirements as part of the admission process:

  • International Student Supplemental Application:
    Required for United States Immigration Purposes.
  • Passport and Visa Copy-Student:
    Submit a copy of the biographical page of your passport and copy of your U.S. visa.
  • Current copy of electronic Form I-94 or most current U.S. entry stamp in passport.
  • Passport and Visa Copy-Principle Visa Holder (if applicable):
    If you are on a dependent visa, submit a copy of the biographical page of the principle visa holder’s passport, U.S. visa, electronic I-94, and most current U.S. entry stamp.

International forms include:

Contact Us

For admission-related questions:

Office of Graduate Admission
+1(410) 617-5020

For information regarding immigration or visa-related questions:

Office of International Student Services