Loyola Career Ambassadors (LCAs) are a select group of Loyola students trained in best practices to help fellow students with early career development, providing initial resume reviews, presentations, and other career resources. This is a paid position.
- Assist fellow students with resume and cover letter reviews, navigating Handshake, Career Center resources and career-related inquiries
- Mentor peers through their career development process
- Facilitate classroom and residence hall presentations
- Engage with team of fellow LCAs to develop skills and collaborate on team projects as assigned
- Facilitate conversations through various settings (Pop-Ups, Classrooms, Etc.) to normalize career process and help students establish their own goals, identify next steps, and to help them understand resources
- Trained to work with the diverse student population that includes undergraduate students, and graduate students
- Receive ongoing training in the following: Providing constructive feedback to peers, learning to articulate skills and strengths, writing professionally, including resumes, cover letters, and other professional correspondence
- No previous experience necessary and all majors and class years welcome to apply
- Current undergraduate student
- Available to work 5-8 hours per week
- Ability to commit to at least 2 semesters (Fall 2021 & Spring 2022)
- Ability to commit to pre-fall training (end of August)
- Must be able to attend all team meetings/training and major events (some nights and weekends)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to help others with career-related needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Application will be available through Handshake; required materials: application form, supplemental questions, and resume
- Recruitment in the Spring (February-March), start date will be the following Fall (August)
For more information, contact Allie Pearlman Sax or Jackie Altebrando.
*Due to conflicts with Fall training, LCAs cannot serve in any of the following roles: Resident Assistant, Evergreens, Executive Board of the Student Government Association, OPTIONS or Campus Activities Board, Pre-Fall Leader (through various offices), Campus Ministry Intern or a Student Coordinator, Creative Assistant or Student Assistant with CCSJ or any other position that conflicts with the training in August.