Loyola Career Ambassadors
Loyola Career Ambassadors (LCAs) are a select group of Loyola students serving as the face of career development at Loyola. They are trained in best practices to support their peers with early career development, providing initial resume reviews, presentations, and other career resources. This is a paid, direct hire position.
For more information and to apply, visit Handshake.
- Customer Service
- Greet Career Center visitors and answer phones to direct them to the appropriate team or professional staff member
- In-the-moment Internet search or inquiry with fellow team members to provide answers and resources for students
- Maintaining professional and approachable verbal and nonverbal language while managing the welcome area
- Peer Appointments and Presentations
- Assist fellow students with resume and cover letter reviews, navigating Handshake, Career Center resources and career-related inquiries
- Mentor peers through their career development process
- Facilitate conversations through various settings (Pop-Ups, Classrooms, Etc.) to normalize career process and help students establish their own goals, identify next steps, and to help them understand resources
- Facilitate classroom and residence hall presentations
- General Support to Career Center Team
- Engage with team of fellow LCAs to develop skills and collaborate on team projects as assigned
- Trained to work with the diverse student population that includes undergraduate students, and graduate students
- Receive ongoing training in the following: Providing constructive feedback to peers, learning to articulate skills and strengths, writing professionally, including resumes, cover letters, and other professional correspondence
- Help keep office, lounge, and general area organized and clean
- Running errands (i.e. dropping off or obtaining documents or items from other offices across campus etc.)
- Working in “Teams” website to receive and file documents
- No previous experience necessary and all majors and class years welcome to apply
- Current undergraduate student
- Available to work 5-8 hours per week
- Ability to commit to at least 2 semesters (Fall 2022 & Spring 2023). Exceptions can be made if available for pre-fall training.
- Ability to commit to pre-fall training (8/30/22-9/2/22)
- Must be able to attend all team meetings/training and major events (some nights and weekends)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to help others with career-related needs
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and unpredictable environment
- Prior experience in retail, food service, or other jobs utilizing customer service skills is a plus!
- Application will be available through Handshake; required materials: application form, supplemental questions, and resume
- Recruitment in the Spring (January-March), start date will be the following Fall (August 30)
- LCAs will move into residence halls early.
*Due to conflicts with Fall training, LCAs cannot serve in any of the following roles: Resident Assistant, Evergreens, OPTIONS or Campus Activities Board, Pre-Fall Leader (through various offices), Campus Ministry Intern, or any other position that conflicts with the training in August.