The mission of Loyola’s Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is to provide leadership and support for the planning and evaluation efforts of the institution, in a way that is respectful of our diverse and changing community. We manage the University’s reporting and accountability processes and respond to internal and external requests for information. Through our work, we strive to foster Loyola’s deep commitment to issues of equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Coordinate the institutional research functions of the University, including federal and state reporting, internal and external surveys, ad hoc data requests, and longitudinal research projects
- Produce accurate, concise, and timely management information to support effective institutional planning and decision-making
- Facilitate Loyola’s participation in national survey programs involving students, faculty, and staff
- Support the University’s academic assessment activities
- Publish an annual fact book
- Provide data to academic departments for program review and accreditation self-studies
- Support the research and evaluation efforts of other administrative offices and departments on campus