Program Date: November 6-8, 2021
The Ignatian Solidarity Network hosts the annual Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice (IFTJ) for members of the Ignatian family (Jesuit institutions and larger church) to honor the lives of the Jesuit martyrs of El Salvador and their companions and to gather in the context of social justice and solidarity to learn, reflect, pray, network, and advocate together. It is a place where people are empowered, re-energized, inspired, challenged, and supported by a community that sees faith and justice as integrally linked.
Join the Loyola delegation for the largest annual gathering of U.S. Jesuit-affiliated institutions: Jesuit colleges & high schools, JVC, Jesuit Refugee Services, Jesuit parishes, and more! Learn about issues affecting human dignity like systemic racism and mass incarceration, immigration reform, the School of the Americas, environmental justice, and fair trade.
Expectations of Loyola Delegation Participants:
- Attendance at four preparatory meetings
- Tuesday, Oct. 12th: 6:30-8:00pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 19th: 6:30-8:00pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 26th: 6:30-8:00pm
- Tuesday, Nov. 2nd: 6:30-8:00pm
- Full participation in conference sessions and Loyola delegation reflections. In applying to be a delegation member, you are committing to the experience in its entirety.
- Participate in at least 2 advocacy opportunities post-Teach-In during the spring semester. Whether these opportunities are virtual or in person will be determined at a later date. The IFTJ is a springboard for continued action and engagement in your community.
To apply to be a member of Loyola's IFTJ Delegation, please complete the online Loyola IFTJ Delegation Application form before Friday, September 24th at 11:59pm. Applicants will be made aware of application decisions by Wednesday, September 29th.
For more information about joining this year’s delegation, contact Emily Kane (Assistant Director, Campus Ministry - firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brian Davis (Assistant Director, CCSJ - email@example.com).
Ignatian Family Teach-In Archives