Program Date: November 16-18, 2019 in Washington D.C.
The Ignatian Solidarity Network hosts the annual Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice (IFTJ) in Washington, D.C. for members of the Ignatian family (Jesuit institutions and larger church) to honor the lives of the Jesuit martyrs of El Salvador and their companions and to gather in the context of social justice and solidarity to learn, reflect, pray, network, and advocate together. It is a place where people are empowered, re-energized, inspired, challenged, and supported by a community that sees faith and justice as integrally linked.
Join the Loyola delegation for the largest annual gathering of U.S. Jesuit-affiliated institutions: Jesuit colleges & high schools, JVC, Jesuit Refugee Services, Jesuit parishes, and more! Learn about issues affecting human dignity like racism and mass incarceration, immigration reform, the School of the Americas, environmental justice, and fair trade.
Expectations of Loyola Delegation Participants
- Attendance at four preparatory meetings:
- Wednesday, October 9th: 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, October 16th: 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, October 23rd: 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, October 30th: 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Full participation in all conference sessions and evening reflections. In applying to be a delegation member, you are committing to the experience in its entirety.
- Willingness to room with 2-3 other Loyola delegation members in our hotel accommodations in D.C.
- Attendance at a post-conference event and reflection in mid to late November.
- Participation in Loyola and York Road Partnership Advocacy Nights in Annapolis and Baltimore (December and March).
The cost of attendance is $85. This amount covers the delegation member's participation fee, transportation, hotel accommodations, and a portion of meal costs. If you are interested in attending, but are prohibited by the financial requirements, please contact a member of the professional staff to discuss available scholarship funds: Vidushani Jayalal (CCSJ Assistant Director; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emily Kane (Campus Ministry Assistant Director; email@example.com).
To apply to be a member of Loyola's IFTJ Delegation, please complete the online Loyola IFTJ Delegation Application form before Monday, September 23rd at 11:59pm. Applicants will be made aware of application decisions by Wednesday, October 2nd.
For more information about joining this year’s delegation, contact the IFTJ Student Interns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ignatian Family Teach-In Archives