Students can perfect their knowledge of the following languages and their associated cultures through the following majors.
- Major Requirement: 12 courses beyond core requirement, which includes two ML courses, three or four 200-level courses and at least six 300-level courses.
- Study abroad at the American University in Paris. Exchange programs are in Montpellier for the summer and also in Lyon for more business courses.
- Cool Courses!
- FR310 – Business French: A Functional Approach
- FR331 – Savoring French Literature
- FR376 – Outsiders in Sub-Saharan Francophone Literature
Learn more about the French major
- Major Requirement: 12 courses beyond the core requirement, which includes two ML courses, three or four 200-level courses and at least six 300-level courses.
- Study abroad in the fall or spring in Alcalá, Spain or in San Salvador. Exchange programs are available in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Santiago, Chile; and in Madrid, Spain.
- Cool Courses!
- SN307 – Contemporary Spanish Civilization and Culture
- SN308 – Violence and Culture: Colombia in the 20th Century
- SN327 – History of the Spanish Language
Learn more about the Spanish major
Comparative Cultures and Literary Studies
- Topics in Comparative Cultures and Literary Studies (ML307) or Introduction to Comparative Literature (ML308)
- Option One
- Two 200-level language courses AB, CI, FR, GR, IT, PO, or SN.
- Five 300-level courses in CI, FR, GK, GR, IT, LT, ML, or SN
- Option Two
- Four 200-level language courses AB, CI, FR, GR, IT, PO, or SN
- Three 300-level courses CI, FR, GK, GR, LT, ML, or SN.
- Four courses from participating disciplines (AH, CL, EN, HS, PL, PS, and TH).
- CCLS Capstone Research Paper (ML402).
- EN390D - Literature of the US/Mexico Border
- HS396 - The Modern Middle East through Literature and Film
- ML309D - Gender, Peace and Justice in East Asia: Texts and Contexts
Learn more about the Comparative Cultures and Literary Studies Major