Maryland Hall 043B
Loyola University Maryland
Baltimore, Md. 21210
- University of Maryland (2014), Ph.D., English Language and Literature
- Carnegie Mellon University (2008), M.A., Rhetoric
- McDaniel College (2007), B.A., English (honors) and Spanish. Honors Program graduate. Summa cum laude
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing 100: Effective Writing
- Honors 210: Eloquentia Perfecta [Diversity-designated]
- Writing 220: Introduction to Rhetoric [Diversity-designated]
- Writing 311: Style
- Writing 320: Argumentation
- Writing 386: Democracy, Policy, and America’s Foundational Texts [Peace and Justice Studies]
- “The Interpretive Stasis of Assimilation: Evangelical Arguments against the ‘Magical’ Use of the Prayer of Jabez.”Rhetoric Review 34.4 (2015): 409-425.
- “Starting the Conversation: An Exploratory Study of Factors that Influence Student Office Hour Use.” College Teaching 62.3 (2014): 94-99. With Whitney Griffin, et al.
- “The Stylistic Virtues of Clarity and Obscurity in Augustine of Hippo’s De doctrina Christiana.” Advances in the History of Rhetoric 16.1 (2013): 58-81.