Once you graduate from Loyola, your access to Loyola technology applications as alumni will change. Please note the following policies for alumni access to Loyola technology:
- Loyola email – Access to your Loyola email will be available for 18 months post-graduation. Any email forwarding you have in place from your Loyola email to a personal email will end 18 months post-graduation. To receive Loyola alumni communications, please update your contact information within 18 months of graduation.
- Any external accounts (Apple, Amazon, YouTube, banks, etc.) using your Loyola email address should be updated to use a personal email address within 18 months post-graduation.
- Inside Loyola – Access is available for 120 days post-graduation.
- Moodle – Access is available for 18 months post-graduation.
- Self-Service – After graduation access is limited to grades, payroll, and tax information and will be available for 18 months post-graduation.
- Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) – Access is available for 18 months post-graduation.
- OneDrive – Access is available for 18 months post-graduation.
- Adobe – Access is removed immediately upon graduation. You can migrate your content from Adobe to your personal account by following this link - Student Asset Migration (adobe.com).
- Handshake – Access is available for 18 months post-graduation. If your account is updated to use a personal email address, access will then continue beyond the 18 months.
- LinkedIn Learning - Access is available for 18 months post-graduation.
If you continue coursework as a graduate student after graduation, the above information does not apply. Emeritus faculty will retain a Loyola email address.
Loyola maintains these policies to keep accounts safe and prevent hacking, as hacked alumni email accounts pose significant ransomware and resource risks. This decision affects a small part of our alumni population; less than 2% of alumni use their Loyola.edu accounts 18 months after graduating.
Make an Impact
There are a number of ways to engage with Loyola as a graduate and show your Greyhound pride—from volunteering or mentoring current students to serving on a committee or advisory board to attending networking or campus events. Discover the myriad ways alumni can connect—or reconnect—with our University and one another.